EBCAP’s Annual Fund for Children’s Dental Care
Imagine sitting at school, trying to concentrate with a terrible, throbbing toothache. Your family doesn’t have dental insurance nor the money to pay for a dentist visit. According to the 2018 Rhode Island Kids Count Factbook, “Fifteen percent of uninsured children in the U.S. have unmet dental needs compared with 4% of those with Medicaid and 3% of those with private health insurance.”
Will you help us care for children in need with a gift to our Annual Fund for Children’s Dental Care?
When Angelica, a special needs student, was referred to EBCAP’s Community Dental Program with a significant amount of required dental treatment, our staff worked tirelessly and advocated on her behalf until all her needs were met. Angelica was all smiles at her recent checkup. And our staff continues to teach her about careful brushing and flossing for healthy teeth.
Actual name not used
Going the Extra Mile to Make Kids Smile
East Bay Community Action Program’s Community Dental Program goes the extra mile to bring smiles to children at 29 public schools and 7 Head Start sites throughout Rhode Island’s East Bay region. Insured, or not, children are seeing the dentist at their schools.
It’s a Win-Win
It’s a win for schools because it helps students feel their best and it minimizes their time away from learning. It’s a win for kids and their families because our program cares for children regardless of whether they have insurance, with no out of pocket costs, and parents don’t have to miss work for appointments.
Last year EBCAP’s Community Dental Program cared for 952 children, who received 1,588 oral health services. Of those children, one in five had no dental insurance. And the numbers are rising.
A Gift From You Will Help
Know that 100% of your gift will be used immediately to assist children in need of dental care.
Here are examples of how your gift will help us go the extra mile:
• $35 will purchase dental education supplies for one school
• $50 will provide one child with a preventive fluoride treatment
• $100 will provide one child with a dental cleaning
• $250 will purchase one new child-sized x-ray apron
• $500 will provide 5 children with comprehensive oral exams
• $1,000 will provide 10 children with comprehensive oral exams
Thank you for making kids smile!
Literacy Volunteers of the East Bay
Literacy Volunteers of the East Bay seeks funds to deliver the substantial support and guidance that student-tutor pairs require to achieve their goals. Donations to our Annual Appeal can be made HERE.
- $1,000 Buys 4 seats on Fluent Reading trainer software
- $500 Trains 15 new tutors to work with our students
- $250 Purchases 4 levels of the computer-based Challenger reading series for 5 students
- $125 Buys 8 At Work in the U.S. books for students with job goals
- $60 Tests and orients 1 new student
- $25 Buys 1 Math in Every Day Life workbook