Literacy Volunteers of East Bay
Literacy Volunteers of East Bay (LVEB) is the volunteer arm of the Education and Career Pathways program at EBCAP and it provides one-to-one tutoring and small group classes for adults. We provide free help with: reading and writing, math skills, speaking English, GED preparation, basic computer skills and citizenship. These services are free and confidential.
How to Enroll
If you or someone you know would like help with their learning goals, go to our Education and Career Pathways page – click here.
How to Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering! We invite you to complete our online Volunteer Tutor application. If you have questions, please call Elizabeth McDowell at 401-487-0005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Literacy Volunteers of East Bay seeks funds to deliver the substantial support and guidance that student-tutor pairs require to achieve their goals. Donations to our Annual Fund can be made online HERE. Donations may also be mailed to: East Bay Community Action Program, Attn: Finance Dept., 19 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840. Download our donation form.
- $1,000 Buys 4 seats on Fluent Reading trainer software
- $500 Trains 15 new tutors to work with our students
- $250 Purchases 4 levels of the computer-based Challenger reading series for 5 students
- $125 Buys 8 At Work in the U.S. books for students with job goals
- $60 Tests and orients 1 new student
- $25 Buys 1 Math in Every Day Life workbook