Thank you for your interest in volunteering with East Bay Community Action Program! EBCAP assists approximately 30,000 East Bay residents every year. Volunteers are an essential part of how we provide services. EBCAP offers volunteer opportunities in several programs:
All volunteers at East Bay Community Action Program must be at least 18 years of age and must complete criminal background checks, as determined by each program.
- Assist in unloading and processing orders delivered by the RI Community Food Bank
- Assist in organizing and stocking shelves with pantry goods and donations as they come in
- Distribute goods to clients
If interested, please contact Judy Macedo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to COVID-19, Head Start is suspending volunteer and intern placements until further notice (internally – this includes Foster Grandparent placements in our classrooms).
Assist Head Start staff in providing learning experiences for Head Start and Early Head Start children that will enhance their social, intellectual, physical, and emotional development in a professional preschool environment. Volunteer opportunities in Head Start include:
- Classroom aides
- Kitchen aides
- Office assistants
Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
Individuals 55 years and older who are interested in volunteering can assist in:
- Picking up prepared meals and delivering them to homebound seniors (Meals on Wheels)
- Reading to students, help with classroom/homework assignments, and math activities
- Social interactions through one on one visits to nursing homes
- Volunteers in Tax Assistance (VITA)
- Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP) Counselors
If interested, please contact Kim Wetherald at email@example.com.