Women, Infants, and Children
Announcement: March 23, 2021 — WIC Shopping Made Even Easier
The RI WIC Program announced as of March 23, 2021, Shaw’s Supermarkets are self-checkout enabled for eWIC! Currently, Shaw’s is the only store chain that has self-checkout for eWIC. Reminders:
- Participants must cash out using eWIC first, then SNAP, then cash/credit in order for the transaction to complete.
- Participants can’t get a balance inquiry at the self-checkout register. They need to go to the main register with a cashier within the self-checkout area for a balance inquiry.
- A receipt with their ending balance will print once they have completed the transaction within the self-checkout lane.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
WIC serves babies and children up to the age of five, pregnant and breastfeeding women, and new mothers. WIC helps children be the healthiest they can be, have better diets and growth rates, and be better prepared for school. WIC also helps pregnant women and new mothers experience healthy pregnancies and raise healthy babies with practical breastfeeding and infant feeding advice.
The Women, Infants, and Children program provides:
- Evidence-based nutrition assistance
- Breastfeeding advice and support
- Links to community services
- Healthy food vouchers to support good nutrition during pregnancy, infancy, and early childhood
Location(s) of the Program
Hours of Operation
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
- Wednesday, 10:30 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
- Tuesday & Thursday 8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
- Last Tuesday of every month from 10:30 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
- Monday, 8:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
- Tuesday 10:30 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
- Wednesday 8:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
- Friday 8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
- Thursday 11:30 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
How to Enroll
Please call for an appointment.
- East Providence: 401-437-1007
- Bristol: 401-253-7577
- Newport: 401-619-5970
- Tiverton: 401-625-1364
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Declaración de no Discriminación
De conformidad con la Ley Federal de Derechos Civiles y los reglamentos y políticas de derechos civiles del Departamento de Agricultura de los EE. UU. (USDA, por sus siglas en inglés), se prohíbe que el USDA, sus agencias, oficinas, empleados e instituciones que participan o administran programas del USDA discriminen sobre la base de raza, color, nacionalidad, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o en represalia o venganza por actividades previas de derechos civiles en algún programa o actividad realizados o financiados por el USDA.