Women, Infants, and Children
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) is a health program that offers nutrition advice, links to community services, breastfeeding support and checks for healthy foods to RI families who qualify. Fathers, grandparents or foster parents with young children may also apply for WIC.
Who We Serve
WIC serves babies and children up to the age of five, pregnant and breastfeeding women and new mothers. WIC helps children be the healthiest they can be, have better diets and growth rates, and be better prepared for school. WIC also helps both pregnant women and new mothers have healthy pregnancies and healthy babies with practical breastfeeding and infant feeding advice.
WIC provides evidence-based nutrition advice, tips and breastfeeding information and checks for healthy foods to support good nutrition during pregnancy, infancy and early childhood.
Location(s) of the Program
East Providence, RI 02915 401-437-1007
Hours of Operation
- Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday, 8:00 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.
- Wednesday, 10:30 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
- Friday, 8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
- Tuesday & Thursday 8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
- Last Tuesday of every month from 10:30 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
- Monday, 8:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
- Tuesday 10:30 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
- Wednesday 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
- Friday 8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
- Thursday 11:30 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
How to Enroll
Please call for an appointment.
East Providence: 401-437-1007
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.