Social Services and Family Centers
EBCAP operates three (3) Family Centers that provide access to a wide array of support services. A Family Advocate partners with individuals and families to complete a comprehensive assessment with the goal of helping clients achieve self-sufficiency. The holistic assessment helps each individual/family identify their strengths, needs, and goals as well as access vital community resources.
Who We Serve
EBCAP’s Social Services and Family Centers are available to residents of Rhode Island’s East Bay communities including East Providence, Barrington, Warren, Bristol, Little Compton, Tiverton, Portsmouth, Middletown, Newport, and Jamestown.
Family Centers provide individuals and families access to the following services:
- Health Insurance Enrollment
- Senior Services
- Head Start Enrollment
- Social Services/Safety Net Services
- Home Heating and Energy Assistance
- Home visiting support services for expectant mothers and families with newborns or babies up to 2 years of age
- Victim of Crime Support Services
- Basic Human Needs Assistance
Location(s) of the Program
Hours of Operation
Due to increased demand, all Social Services and Family Centers visits will be by appointment only, until further notice. Please call ahead to schedule your appointment.
Hours in Newport beginning 3/17/2020
- Monday and Friday: 8:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Tuesday: noon – 4:00 P.M.
- Thursday: 1:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 12:30 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Friday: 8:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
- Tuesday: 8:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
- Wednesday: 9:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
How to Enroll
Individuals and families must call to schedule an appointment.
- Newport: 401-847-7821
- East Providence: 401-437-0006 ext. 127
- Tiverton: 401-625-5134
How You Can Help
Donations are greatly appreciated and can be made online (type “Social Services” in Comments Box) or by mailing a check to : East Bay Community Action Program, Attn: Finance Dept., 19 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840. Make checks payable to East Bay Community Action Program with “Social Services/Family Center” noted on the memo line.