Social Services and Family Centers
EBCAP operates three (3) Family Centers that provide access to a wide array of support services. A Family Advocate partners with individuals and families to complete a comprehensive assessment with the goal of helping clients achieve self-sufficiency. The holistic assessment helps each individual/family identify their strengths, needs, and goals as well as access vital community resources.
People We Serve
EBCAP’s Social Services and Family Centers are available to residents of Rhode Island’s East Bay communities including East Providence, Barrington, Warren, Bristol, Little Compton, Tiverton, Portsmouth, Middletown, Newport, and Jamestown.
Family Centers provide individuals and families access to the following services:
- Social Services/Safety Net Services
- Home Heating and Energy Assistance
- Basic Human Needs Assistance
- Victim of Crime Support Services
- Referrals for Senior Services and Head Start Enrollment
- Application Assistance (SNAP, WIC, Housing Applications)
Location(s) of the Program
Riverside, RI 02915 401-437-1000, ext. 6604
Hours of Operation
- Walk-in Hours – Monday to Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 P.M.
- Advocates are ready to assist with Social Services. Please call 401-847-7821, ext. 1534, before your visit for the most updated hours.
- Advocates are ready to assist with Social Services. Please call 401-625-5134, ext. 2306, before your visit for the most updated hours
For more information about the programs we offer or to speak to an advocate, please call:
- Newport: 401-847-7821, ext. 1534
- East Providence: 401-437-1000, ext. 6604
- Tiverton: 401-625-5134, ext. 2306
How You Can Help
Donations are greatly appreciated and can be made online (type “Social Services” in Comments Box) or by mailing a check to : East Bay Community Action Program, Attn: Finance Dept., 19 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840. Make checks payable to East Bay Community Action Program with “Social Services/Family Center” noted on the memo line.