May 14, 2020 – See important information below (in red) regarding changes to EBCAP’s Food Pantries
EBCAP’s Food Pantries offer monthly food distribution to assist food insecure households. Individuals/families in need of food assistance may come to one of EBCAP’s three food pantries once a month. When you arrive, our staff will help you select food that you/your family will enjoy. The amount of food you receive is based on your family size. It is helpful (but not required) to bring with you re-useable bags. For additional food pantries and meal sites in Rhode Island, you can download a comprehensive Food Agency List, found on the Rhode Island Community Food Bank website.
Who We Serve
EBCAP food pantries serve East Providence, Bristol County, and Newport County residents.
The program provides:
- Nutritious supplemental food at no cost to participants
- Assistance to people with special dietary needs
- Family advocates who assess additional needs of individuals/families and connect participants to other EBCAP community resources
Additionally, with generous support from Project Undercover, EBCAP food pantries are able to provide a limited number of diapers, underwear, and socks for children.
Location(s) of the Program
Due to increased demand, people can access our food pantry twice per month instead of once per month, for the foreseeable future due to the crisis. The pantry hours are by appointment only, until further notice.
Bullocks Point Ave. Center – 401-437-0006 x127
- *Temporary Hours, subject to change; please check website for updates.
Monday: 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Wednesday: 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Friday: 8:00 A.M.– Noon
Broadway Center – 401-848-6697, ext. 212
- Monday: 11:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Wednesday: Noon – 4:00 P.M.
- Thursday: 1:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M.
Tiverton Center – 401-625-5134, ext. 103
- Tuesday: 9 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
- Wednesday, 9 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.
How to Enroll
EBCAP food pantries are by appointment only. You must bring a Photo ID and complete a brief application on site during your scheduled appointment.
How You Can Help
Financial donations are greatly appreciated and can be made online or by mailing a check to: East Bay Community Action Program, Attn: Finance Dept., 19 Broadway, Newport RI 02840. Make checks payable to EBCAP with “Food Pantry” noted in the memo line.