EBCAP’s Food Pantries offer food distribution twice a month to assist food insecure households. Individuals/families in need of food assistance may come to one of EBCAP’s three food pantries twice a month. When you arrive, our staff will help you select food that you/your family will enjoy. The amount of food you receive is based on your family size. It is helpful (but not required) to bring with you re-useable bags. For additional food pantries and meal sites in Rhode Island, you can download a comprehensive Food Agency List, found on the Rhode Island Community Food Bank website.
People We Serve
EBCAP food pantries serve East Providence, Bristol County, and Newport County residents.
The program provides:
- Nutritious supplemental food at no cost to participants
- Assistance to people with special dietary needs
- Family advocates who assess additional needs of individuals/families and connect participants to other EBCAP community resources
Additionally, with generous support from Project Undercover, EBCAP food pantries are able to provide a limited number of diapers, underwear, and socks for children.
Location(s) of the Program
The Dennis Roy Building, 100 Bullocks Point Ave., East Providence, RI – 401-437-1000, ext. 1140
- Monday: 8:00 A.M – 4:30 P.M.; closed 12:00-12:30 P.M. for lunch
- Wednesday: 12:30 P.M. – 4:30 P.M.
- Thursday: 12:30 P.M. – 4:30 P.M.
- Friday: 8:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
The Jean E. Hicks Center, 19 Broadway, Newport, RI – 401-848-6697, ext. 1534
- Monday: 12:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Thursday: 9:00 A.M.– 2:00 P.M.
1048 Stafford Road, Tiverton, RI – 401-625-5134, ext. 2302
- Tuesday: 9:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
- Wednesday: 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
How to Enroll
No appointment is needed; clients are served on a walk-in basis. You must bring a Photo ID and complete a brief application on site during your visit.
How You Can Help
Financial donations are greatly appreciated and can be made online (please type “food pantries” in the comments box) or by mailing a check to: East Bay Community Action Program, Attn: Finance Dept., 19 Broadway, Newport RI 02840. Make checks payable to EBCAP with “food pantries” noted in the memo line.