March 24, 2020 – See important information below (in red) regarding changes to EBCAP’s Food Pantries
EBCAP’s Food Pantries offer monthly food distribution to assist food insecure households. Individuals/families in need of food assistance may come to one of EBCAP’s three food pantries once a month. When you arrive, our staff will help you select food that you/your family will enjoy. The amount of food you receive is based on your family size. It is helpful (but not required) to bring with you re-useable bags. For additional food pantries and meal sites in Rhode Island, you can download a comprehensive Food Agency List, found on the Rhode Island Community Food Bank website.
Who We Serve
EBCAP food pantries serve East Providence, Bristol County, and Newport County residents.
The program provides:
- Nutritious supplemental food at no cost to participants
- Assistance to people with special dietary needs
- Family advocates who assess additional needs of individuals/families and connect participants to other EBCAP community resources
Additionally, with generous support from Project Undercover, EBCAP food pantries are able to provide a limited number of diapers, underwear, and socks for children.
Location(s) of the Program
Hours of Operation
Due to increased demand, food pantry hours are by appointment only, until further notice. Only the Newport and East Providence pantries are open, and please remember an appointment is required. Although our Tiverton pantry is not able to receive customers on-site at this time, we will deliver pre-packaged bags of food to Tiverton residents on Wednesdays. If you need assistance, please call and leave a message at 401-625-5134, ext 103.
Bullocks Point Ave. Center – 401-437-0006 x127
- Monday: Noon – 4:00 P.M.
- Tuesday: Noon – 4:00 PM
- Wednesday: 2:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- Thursday: Noon – 4:00 P.M.
- Friday: 8:00 A.M. – Noon
Broadway Center – 401-848-6697, ext. 212
- Monday: 11:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Wednesday: Noon – 4:00 P.M.
- Thursday: 1:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- Closed until further notice. Delivery available on Wednesday, 3/25/2020. Please call 401-625-5134, ext. 103 and leave a message if you need assistance. (see above in red for details)
How to Enroll
EBCAP food pantries are by appointment only. You must bring a Photo ID and complete a brief application on site during your scheduled appointment.
How You Can Help
Volunteers are needed to assist in unloading and processing food deliveries, organizing and stocking shelves with pantry goods and donations, and distributing goods to clients. If you are interested, please contact Angela Downing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also help by organizing a food drive. Please call to arrange drop-off of food donations.
- East Providence: 401-437-0006 ext. 127
- Newport: 401-848-6697
- Tiverton: 401-625-5134
Financial donations are greatly appreciated and can be made online (note “Food Pantry” in the comments) or by mailing a check to: East Bay Community Action Program, Attn: Finance Dept., 19 Broadway, Newport RI 02840. Make checks payable to EBCAP with “Food Pantry” noted in the memo line.