EBCAP’s Food Pantries offer monthly food distribution to assist food insecure households. Individuals/families in need of food assistance may come to one of EBCAP’s three food pantries once a month. When you arrive, our staff will help you select food that you/your family will enjoy. The amount of food you receive is based on your family size. It is helpful (but not required) to bring with you re-useable bags. For additional food pantries and meal sites in Rhode Island, you can download a comprehensive Food Agency List, found on the Rhode Island Community Food Bank website.
Who We Serve
EBCAP food pantries serve East Providence, Bristol County, and Newport County residents.
The program provides:
- Nutritious supplemental food at no cost to participants
- Assistance to people with special dietary needs
- Family advocates who assess additional needs of individuals/families and connect participants to other EBCAP community resources
Additionally, with generous support from Project Undercover, EBCAP food pantries are able to provide a limited number of diapers, underwear, and socks for children.
Location(s) of the Program
Hours of Operation
Bullocks Point Ave. Center
- Monday: 12:00 P.M.- 4:00 P.M.
- Tuesday: 12:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Wednesday: 2:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- Thursday: 12:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Friday: 8:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
- Monday: 11:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Tuesday: 9:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
- Wednesday: 12:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Thursday: 1:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- Tuesday: 9:00 A.M. – 2:30 P.M.
- Wednesday: 9:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
How to Enroll
EBCAP food pantries are opened to walk-ins only. You must bring a Photo ID and complete a brief application on site during regular hours of operation.
How You Can Help
Volunteers are needed to assist in unloading and processing food deliveries, organizing and stocking shelves with pantry goods and donations, and distributing goods to clients. If you are interested, please contact Angela Downing at email@example.com.
You can also help by organizing a food drive. Please call to arrange drop-off of food donations.
- East Providence: 401-437-0006 ext. 127
- Newport: 401-848-6697
- Tiverton: 401-625-5134
Financial donations are greatly appreciated and can be made online (note “Food Pantry” in the comments) or by mailing a check to: East Bay Community Action Program, Attn: Finance Dept., 19 Broadway, Newport RI 02840. Make checks payable to EBCAP with “Food Pantry” noted in the memo line.