Ocean State Senior Dining Program
Special Offering During COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic
Some meal sites are serving lunch on site, and others are providing pick up and/or delivery of brown bag lunches. To learn more please contact the meal site nearest you. meal sites
A donation of $3 per meal is suggested, but not required, and will help to sustain the program. All new meal site participants are required to complete a Personal Information Form which can be completed over the phone when they make their reservation.
People We Serve
Congregate Nutrition Services provide meals and related nutrition services to older individuals. The program also provides seniors with opportunities for social engagement and volunteering. Individuals aged 60 or older and their spouses (regardless of age) may participate in the congregate nutrition program. The following groups may also receive meals: persons under age 60 with disabilities who reside in housing facilities occupied primarily by the elderly, where congregate meals are served; persons with disabilities who reside with, and accompany, older persons to meals in congregate settings; and volunteers who provide services during the meal hours.
Ocean State Senior Dining Program, a program of East Bay Community Action Program, is funded in part by the U.S. Administration on Aging/Administration for Community Living, and state funds through the RI Office of Healthy Aging.
The OSSDP offers three choices: a hot entrée, a sandwich, or a salad option.
The program assists individuals by:
- Promoting healthy eating habits
- Encouraging individuals to eat locally grown foods
- Encouraging individuals to eat fresh fruits and vegetables
- Administering the Restaurant Meal Program
Vouchers are provided (at suggested donations of $6.00 for Newport Creamery vouchers and $5 for IHOP vouchers) to order from pre-fixed menus at the following restaurants:
- Newport Creamery at 296 County Road, Barrington, RI
- Newport Creamery at 208 West Main Road, Middletown, RI
- IHOP at 75 Highland Avenue, East Providence, RI
Restaurant Meal Program vouchers are available at:
- Barrington Cafe, 281 Old County Road, Barrington, RI
- Bristol Café, 1020 Hope St., Bristol, RI
- East Bay Community Action Program, 100 Bullocks Point Ave., Riverside, RI
- Portsmouth Cafe, 110 Bristol Ferry Road, Portsmouth, RI
- Warren Cafe, 20 Libby Lane, Warren, RI
Please Note: Certain locations may carry vouchers to only one of the two restaurants. Contact Ocean State Senior Dining Program at East Bay Community Action Program for more information, 401-437-1000. Note: vouchers must be used in the month of purchase.
Also check out our monthly meal calendar below.
Hours of Operation
Lunch is typically served between 11:30 A.M. and noon (varies by location). Please call at least 24 hours in advance to make a reservation.
How to Enroll
Contact your local senior center to enroll.
How You Can Volunteer
If you are interested in volunteering at a meal site, please contact the Senior Center directly.