KIDS CONNECT Behavioral Health
KIDS CONNECT, a program administered by the Rhode Island Executive Office of Health and Human Services, provides needed supports to help children with behavioral, developmental, or specials needs successfully participate in childcare programs. These services are provided through a select number of DCYF licensed childcare centers, including EBCAP’s Head Start Program. Additionally, in coordination with EBCAP’s East Bay Health Center, clinical social workers provide behavioral health out-patient services in both office and community settings for young children.
Who We Serve:
KIDS CONNECT serves Head Start children and their families and Claiborne Pell Elementary School students and their families.
KIDS CONNECT provides tailored services dependent on each child’s needs, including:
- Assessment and individualized treatment plans
- Supportive classroom services
- An interdisciplinary team to help the child outside of the classroom
Locations of the Program:
- EBCAP Head Start Center, 8 John H. Chafee Blvd., Newport, RI 02840*
- EBCAP Head Start Tiverton Center, 1048 Stafford Road, Tiverton, RI
- EBCAP Head Start Willett Avenue Center, 386 Willett Avenue, Riverside, RI
- EBCAP Head Start, Mary V. Quirk School, 790 Main Street, Warren, RI
- EBCAP Head Start Turner Avenue Center, 70 Turner Avenue, Riverside, RI
- Claiborne Pell Elementary School, 35 Dexter Street., Newport, RI 02840*
- John F. Kennedy School, 740 West Main Road, Middletown, RI
*These locations are approved service delivery sites falling within the Project Scope of Section 330 funding from the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
Hours of Operation:
During Head Start hours, Monday through Friday:
- Head Start Center, Newport 7:00 A.M. – 5:15 P.M.
- Turner Avenue Center 8:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
- Tiverton Center 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
- Willett Avenue Center 7:00 A.M. – 5:15 P.M.
- Mary V. Quirk School 8:30 A.M. -2:30 P.M.
- John F. Kennedy School 7:00 A.M. – 5:15 P.M.
Claiborne Pell Elementary School:
- Monday through Friday 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
How You Can Enroll:
To participate in KIDS CONNECT, children must be enrolled in either EBCAP’s Head Start Program or at the Claiborne Pell Elementary School. For Head Start children, family advocates and teachers can refer students. For Claiborne Pell Elementary School student, school personnel can refer students to the program.