KIDS CONNECT Behavioral Health
KIDS CONNECT, a program administered by the Rhode Island Executive Office of Health and Human Services, provides needed supports to help children with behavioral, developmental, or specials needs successfully participate in childcare programs. These services are provided through a select number of DCYF licensed childcare centers, including EBCAP’s Head Start Program.
People We Serve:
KIDS CONNECT serves Head Start children and their families.
KIDS CONNECT provides tailored services dependent on each child’s needs, including:
- Assessment and individualized treatment plans
- Supportive classroom services
- An interdisciplinary team to help the child outside of the classroom
- Referral and collaboration to outside services if needed
Locations of the Program:
- EBCAP Head Start Center, 8 John H. Chafee Blvd., Newport, RI 02840*
- EBCAP Head Start Tiverton Center, 1048 Stafford Road, Tiverton, RI
- EBCAP Head Start Willett Avenue Center, 386 Willett Avenue, Riverside, RI
- EBCAP Head Start, Mary V. Quirk School, 790 Main Street, Warren, RI
- EBCAP Head Start Turner Avenue Center, 70 Turner Avenue, Riverside, RI
- John F. Kennedy School, 740 West Main Road, Middletown, RI
*These locations are approved service delivery sites falling within the Project Scope of Section 330 funding from the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
Hours of Operation:
During Head Start hours, Monday through Friday:
- Head Start Center, Newport 7:00 A.M. – 5:15 P.M.
- Turner Avenue Center 8:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
- Tiverton Center 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
- Willett Avenue Center 7:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
- Mary V. Quirk School 8:10 A.M. -8:30 A.M. to 2:10-2:30 P.M. (staggered drop off and pick up by classroom assignment)
- John F. Kennedy School 7:30 A.M. – 4:45 P.M.
Claiborne Pell Elementary School:
- Monday through Friday 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
How You Can Enroll:
To participate in KIDS CONNECT, children must be enrolled in EBCAP’s Head Start Program . For Head Start children, family advocates and teachers can refer students.