Career Closet’s Sock-tober New Socks Drive
Career Closet is a program of East Bay Community Action Program that provides free work-appropriate clothing to individuals who are unemployed, in job training, or seeking employment. Career Closet accepts donations of in-season business casual workwear clothing. To learn more, please visit our Career Closet page.
We’re holding “Sock-tober,” a new socks drive, because new socks are needed and they are rarely among donations of clothing to the Career Closet. Most needed socks are dress socks for men and women. Since we’re going into the colder months, crew socks are preferable instead of ankle/no-show socks.
Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Details below describe different ways you can support Sock-tober. Thank you!
Two Ways to Donate
1. You can send a monetary donation online or by mail:
Check payable to East Bay Community Action Program, and mailed to:
East Bay Community Action Program
ATTN: Finance Dept.
Newport, RI 02840
*please write “SOCKS” in the memo
2. You can drop off new socks in original packaging to any of the following EBCAP locations:
- East Bay Community Action Program – 100 Bullocks Point Ave., East Providence, RI
- East Bay Health Center (Adams-Farley Counseling Center) – 610 Wampanoag Trail, East Providence, RI
- East Bay Family Health Care – 6 John H. Chafee Blvd., Newport, RI
- East Bay Health Center – 2 Old County Rd, Barrington, RI
- East Bay Dental Center – 19 Broadway, Newport, RI
- Head Start Center, Newport – 8 John H. Chafee Blvd, Newport, RI
Questions? Call Career Closet, 401-435-7876, ext. 1134.