COVID-19 Relief: Important Information
Changes to and Closures of EBCAP Services
Updated July 15, 2020
The following changes are in effect at East Bay Community Action Program until further notice:
EBCAP Family Health Services will provide testing for COVID-19 for our patients and the community by appointment only. Please call the office to schedule a telehealth appointment with a provider to assess the need for testing. In an effort to support individuals as they self-quarantine, people who come for testing may also receive non-perishable food at the testing site at the time of their test appointment. Please inquire if interested.
East Providence will be testing people with symptoms in a drive-thru tent:
- Location: 100 Bullocks Point, Riverside, RI 02915; Tent in parking lot
- Phone: 401-437-1008
- Hours: Tuesday through Friday from 9am-12pm by appointment only
- Notes for Testing: When you arrive to the parking lot, you will be greeted by a parking attendant. Please remain in your car with your car windows up. Place your ID up to the window and the greeter will provide further instruction.
Newport will be testing people with symptoms at our health center:
- Location: 6 John H Chafee Blvd, Newport, RI 02840
- Phone: 401-848-2160
- Hours: Tuesday through Friday from 9am-12pm by appointment only
- Notes for Testing: Please park in the health center parking lot. When you exit your vehicle, you will follow the signs directing you down a short path between the health center building and the neighboring Head Start building. When you reach the glass doors, you will be greeted by staff who will confirm your identification and complete the test.
- Health Centers. We remain open by appointment only. Please call first. We are limiting non-urgent visits due to concerns for employee and patient safety. We are providing telephone and virtual visits for our patients and clients. If you do have an appointment, you will be greeted, screened, and triaged as appropriate at the entrances to buildings (see below). For a listing of our health sites and phone numbers click here. Health center employees will be screening all patients and clients at the entrances at 100 Bullocks Point Avenue, 19 Broadway, Newport, 6 John Chafee Blvd., Newport, and John P. Digits Center, 2 Old County Road, Barrington. This includes Food Pantry, Health Services, and Family Services.
- Community Health Team. Limited to telephonic case management and therapy appointments only.
- Navigator Assistance. Navigators are available to assist with enrollment in health insurance plans or to resolve account issues and are working via conference calls only with HSRI.
- Newport: 401-847-7821 x348
- Riverside: 401-437-1000 option 3
- Women Infants & Children (WIC). Currently open and scheduling telephone appointments for existing and new clients. Clients should continue to contact us by phone leaving a brief message, including their name and phone number. Staff will be checking these messages throughout the day and will return calls as soon as possible. Clients who have not yet been issued the new e-WIC cards or who are looking to apply for services should also call our office. WIC is accepting new clients.
- WIC East Providence: 401-437-1007
- WIC Bristol: 401-253-7577
- WIC Newport: 401-619-5970
- WIC Tiverton: call Newport for assistance 401-619-5970
Farmers market checks are now available for ELIGBLE WIC participants in Newport and East Providence- for details click here. An update will be posted by 8:30 am on July 7 regarding farmers market checks for ELIGIBLE WIC participants who are served in our Tiverton and Bristol offices.
- Dental Center. Offering telemedicine visits on Wednesdays and scheduling emergency patients only on Fridays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Behavioral Health Services
- Behavioral Health ACCESS. ACCESS is booking telephonic intakes until July 3rd. In-person intakes resume as of July 7th. Call 401-246-1195 for intake.
- Behavioral Health Emergency Services. Staff are available for in-person crisis evaluations. The 24/7 Emergency line is always accessible. Call 401-246-0700 for psychiatric emergencies.
- Outpatient Behavioral Health. Limited in-person therapy sessions will resume July 7th, however, all therapy sessions will continue to be available via telehealth as well. Please call the location where you are normally seen to book appointments.
- Behavioral Health Community Support Services. Hours remain unchanged. We continue to provide services in the office, community and telephonically. At this time we are starting to book limited in person appointments for therapy and psychiatry. Telehealth remains available. Call 401-246-1195 for intake.
- Suboxone Clinic. Open and accepting new clients Mon-Thurs 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. with same day medication. All appointments are being completed via telehealth until July 3rd. In-person intakes will resume July 7th. Call 401-246-1195 to schedule a Suboxone intake appointment
- East Bay Recovery Center. We’re excited to announce East Bay Recovery Center has re-opened as of June 8, 2020. For complete details visit our East Bay Recovery Center webpage.
- Food Pantries. East Providence, Newport, and Tiverton pantries are open. People can access our food pantries twice per month, instead of once per month, for the foreseeable future due to the crisis. Clients will be served by appointment only to ensure safe distancing between clients. All food will be pre-packaged, and employees will hand the bags to Food Pantry guests upon arrival.
Newport Pantry, for appointment call 401-848-6697, ext. 212
Monday: 11:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Wednesday: Noon – 4:00 P.M.
Thursday: 1:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M.
East Providence Pantry, for appointment call 401-437-0006, ext. 127
Monday: Noon – 4:00 P.M.
Tuesday: Noon – 4:00 PM
Wednesday: 2:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M.
Thursday: Noon – 4:00 P.M.
Friday: 8:00 A.M. – Noon
Tiverton Pantry, for appointment call 401-625-5134, ext 103
Tuesday: 9 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
Wednesday, 9 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.
- Family Development/Safety Net services. Limited to telephone appointments only. All programs continue to accept referrals. Walk-in services are not available until further notice. This includes the following programs/services: Education and Career Pathways, Youth Centers, Baby Steps, Senior Services, Victims of Crime Act (VOCA), SHIP counseling, RI Works, and housing supports. All Family Development programs continue to provide case management support telephonically. Educational services are continuing remotely.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). The LIHEAP 2020 season has closed as of May 31, 2020. The program will re-open in October 2020. For any questions, please contact our office at 401-437-5102.
- Congregate Senior Meal Sites. Bagged lunches for seniors and disabled individuals will be available for pick up or delivery. For more information click here.
- VITA Tax Preparation Assistance Sites. Services are suspended.
- Weatherization. Services will be provided in emergency situations only.
- Newport/Middletown Child Opportunity Zone (COZ). The Summer Learning Academy began on Monday, July 6 in Newport. This program is being offered through a virtual learning platform and includes project based learning, service learning, and Fun Family Fridays. Enrolled students work with certified teachers on literacy and math skills to reduce summer and COVID learning loss. The program will run for six weeks through August 14. Virtual Summer Enrichment Programs also began on Monday, July 6 in Middletown. The MCOZ is offering a menu of programs to students including book clubs, STEM programs, fitness programs, and literacy for English Language Learners over the next six weeks. In addition, the MCOZ is offering a four week live camp program at Aquidneck Elementary School for up to 30 students from July 20 – August 14. Registration is still open and there are a few slots available.
- Head Start. EBCAP opened a six-week summer classroom session on July 7, 2020. Classrooms are located in East Providence, Tiverton and Newport. Seats are available for children who attended Head Start in the 2019-2020 school year. Families of children who attended an EBCAP Pre-K classroom should contact us at 401-367-2001 to see if their child may qualify to attend for the remaining session weeks. Our target date to open Early Head Start classrooms located in Newport and East Providence is August; the exact date is to be determined. Family Advocates will contact families once a date to re-open has been established. Head Start and Early Head Start home visiting will continue to be held remotely until further notice. We await guidance from the Department of Health. EBCAP is accepting applications for the fall semester which begins in September for Head Start and Early Head Start. To apply in English click here or to apply in Spanish click here. Stay well, stay connected, and please contact us at 401-367-2001 if you need additional assistance.
Head Start Resources List
- Parents as Teachers (PAT) & Healthy Families America (HFA). All in person home visits for Parents as Teachers and Healthy Families America have been suspended at this time. Family visitors are continuing to provide all services remotely. This includes interactive video conference and phone home interaction, intakes and referrals.
- Parents as Teachers. Contact Amy Griffin at 401-302-9249; Fax referrals to 401-324-6664.
- Healthy Families America. Contact Kristen Roache at 401-602-5895; Fax referrals to 401-619-7091
- East Providence Health Equity Zone (HEZ). Working remotely and can also be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Al Whitaker at 401-480-5758. Detailed information about the Collaborative can also be found on their Facebook page.
- Youth Center – The EBCAP Youth Center is currently taking applications for the Summer Youth Employment Program. Youth, ages 14-24 residing in Rhode Island are eligible. If interested, please email email@example.com.