COVID-19 Relief: Important Information
Additions, changes, and/or closures of EBCAP Services
Updated October 19, 2022
The following changes are in effect at East Bay Community Action Program until further notice:
East Bay Health Centers are in full compliance with the RI Department of Health’s requirements for Immunization against COVID-19 for all workers in licensed health care facilities and other practicing health care providers (216-RICR-20-15-8).
COVID-19 Vaccines & Testing
EBCAP Family Health Services has a limited supply of COVID-19 vaccines for our patients and the community. All people 6 months of age or older are eligible. Appointments are required. If there are no current appointments available, we will add you to a wait list. In Newport call 401-848-2160, option 3; in East Providence call 401-437-1008, option 3.
EBCAP PATIENTS – for important information regarding COVID-19 booster doses please click here.
COVID-19 TESTING – CLOSED TO GENERAL PUBLIC
COVID-19 Testing is available to patients of East Bay Community Action Program during scheduled appointments only as of 10/1/2022. The outdoor testing units will be closed. Please call your healthcare provider if you are sick and need to schedule an appointment.
East Bay Family Health Care, 100 Bullocks Point Avenue, Riverside 401-437-1008
East Bay Family Health Care, 6 John H. Chafee Blvd., Newport 401-848-2160
East Bay Health Center, 2 Old County Rd., Barrington 401-248-1195
If you need a rapid test kit, please call one of our health centers for more information.
- Health Centers. We remain open by appointment only. Please call first. We are limiting non-urgent visits due to concerns for employee and patient safety. We are providing telephone and virtual visits for our patients and clients. If you do have an appointment, you will be greeted, screened, and triaged as appropriate at the entrances to buildings (see below). For a listing of our health sites and phone numbers click here. Health center employees will be screening all patients and clients at the entrances at 100 Bullocks Point Avenue, 19 Broadway, Newport, 6 John Chafee Blvd., Newport, and John P. Digits Center, 2 Old County Road, Barrington. This includes Food Pantry, Health Services, and Family Services.
- Community Health Team. Telephonic case management and limited in-person visits are available.
- Navigator Assistance. Navigators are available to assist with enrollment in health insurance plans or to resolve account issues and are working via conference calls and in-person visits.
- Newport: 401-847-7821, ext. 1197
- Riverside: 401-437-1000, ext. 1087
- Women Infants & Children (WIC). Currently open and scheduling onsite and remote appointments for existing and new clients. Clients should continue to contact us by phone leaving a brief message, including their name and phone number. Staff will be checking these messages throughout the day and will return calls as soon as possible. Clients who have not yet been issued the new e-WIC cards or who are looking to apply for services should also call our office. WIC is accepting new clients.
Onsite and remote WIC appointments are currently available by appointment at all 4 locations: Riverside, Bristol, Newport and Tiverton. Clients seen onsite will be screened upon arrive and must adhere to mask wearing and social distancing requirements of EBCAP for everyone’s health and safety. Please call your WIC office from your car upon arrival.
- WIC East Providence: 401-437-1007
- WIC Bristol: 401-253-7577
- WIC Newport: 401-619-5970
- WIC Tiverton: call Newport for assistance 401-619-5970
For exciting news about e-WIC at Shaw’s Supermarkets’ and Stop and Shop Supermarkets’ self checkout click here.
- Dental Center. Not currently accepting new patients. We have a waiting list for people who would like to establish. Open to in-person dental visits for emergencies and for existing patients Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm. For appointments please call 401-845-0564.
Behavioral Health Services
- Behavioral Health ACCESS. ACCESS is booking in-person intakes. Call 401-246-1195 for intake.
- Behavioral Health Same Day Access – On October 4, EBCAP’s Behavioral Health began offering same day, walk-in services that provide immediate assistance to both children and adults with behavioral health and substance use disorder needs at the following sites: East Bay Health Care, 2 Old County Road, Barrington; East Bay Family Health Care, 100 Bullocks Point Ave., Riverside; and East Bay Family Health Care, 6 Chaffee Boulevard, Newport.
- Behavioral Health Emergency Services. Staff are available for in-person crisis evaluations. The 24/7 Emergency line is always accessible. Call 401-246-0700 for psychiatric emergencies.
- Outpatient Behavioral Health. All therapy sessions are available in-person and via telehealth. Please call the location where you are normally seen to book appointments.
- Behavioral Health Community Support Services. Hours remain unchanged. We continue to provide case management services in the office, community, and telephonically. At this time, we are offering both office based and telehealth appointments for therapy and psychiatry. We are currently accepting clients for all community based Community Support Services. Call 401-246-1195 for intake.
- Suboxone Clinic. Open and accepting new clients Monday-Friday 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. with same day medication. Intakes are in-person. Call 401-246-1195 to schedule a Suboxone intake appointment
- East Bay Recovery Center. We are open. For complete details visit our East Bay Recovery Center webpage.
- Food Pantries. People can access our food pantries twice per month, instead of once per month, for the foreseeable future due to the crisis. Clients will be served by appointment only to ensure safe distancing between clients. All food will be pre-packaged, and employees will hand the bags to food pantry guests upon arrival.
Newport Pantry, by appointment only; for appointment call 401-848-6697, ext. 1534
*Temporary Hours, subject to change; please check website for updates.
Monday: Noon – 4:00 P.M.
Tuesday: 9:00 A.M.– 2:00 P.M.
Thursday: 9:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
*East Providence Pantry, by appointment only; for appointment call 401-437-0006, ext. 1140
*Temporary Hours, subject to change; please check website for updates.
Monday: 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Thursday: 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Friday: 8:00 A.M.– Noon
Tiverton Pantry, for appointment call 401-625-5134, ext. 2302
Tuesday: 9 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
Wednesday: 9 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Family Development/Safety Net services. Limited to telephone appointments only. All programs continue to accept referrals. Walk-in services are not available until further notice. This includes the following programs/services: Education and Career Pathways, Youth Centers, Baby Steps, Senior Services, Victims of Crime Act (VOCA), SHIP counseling, RI Works, and housing supports. All Family Development programs continue to provide case management support telephonically. Educational services are continuing remotely.
- RentReliefRI-has closed to new applications as of June 1, 2022. If you have questions about your application please contact one of our Safety Net Advocates. Call 401-437-1000, ext. 1127 for the East Providence office or ext. 1534 for the Newport office.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). LIHEAP is accepting applications. Please go to our webpage for further details: Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program – East Bay Community Action Program (ebcap.org)
- Weatherization. Services are provided by appointment only. Please call our office to schedule an appointment: 401-437-1000.
- Newport/Middletown Child Opportunity Zone (COZ). Services are returning to normal in the schools for the 2022-2023 school year: Newport – Licensed school age child care is open for both morning and after school childcare each school day at the Pell Elementary School in Newport. Family Service Coordinators are supporting Pell Elementary School students and families with information and resources to get them acclimated to school. We are planning the after school enrichment calendar and one after school program has already begun. Staff are supporting school Open House events and are working on planning the family activities for the fall. We are enrolling for the backpack feeding program and food bag distribution will begin in October. Contact: Christine Arouth, NFCOZ Director firstname.lastname@example.org. Middletown – Our Middletown COZ Manager is attending new student orientations and open house events and visiting the lunch room at the middle school to meet students and families. We are planning the fall enrichment program schedule for Aquidneck and Forest Avenue Elementary Schools and Gaudet Middle School and also planning fall family activities at the schools. Contact: Jamoya Ridgell, MCOZ Manager, email@example.com.
- Head Start. EBCAP Head Start & Early Head Start provides services for children aged 0-5 and pregnant moms. We accept applications all year round. Both center-based and home based options are available for eligible families. Families with SNAP benefits are now considered categorically eligible for Head Start Services! Home Visitors from our Home Based Programs provide services to eligible children (aged 0-5) and pregnant moms. In-person home visits are offered to all home based families. Outside home visits can be scheduled, weather permitting. To apply for Head Start or Early Head Start in English click here or apply in Spanish click here. You can also find the application link on the homepage of our website (www.ebcap.org) or call 401-367-2001 for help.
Stay well, stay connected, and please contact us at 401-367-2001 if you have any questions or need assistance with an application. Please leave a message with your name and phone number and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
EBCAP Head Start provides high quality comprehensive early childhood education services for eligible families and children from prenatal to age five. We partner with parents to teach children the skills and abilities needed for success in school and life. Together with our community, we support parents to keep children safe, healthy, and well.
Head Start Resources List
- Parents as Teachers (PAT) & Healthy Families America (HFA). Parents as Teachers (PAT) & Healthy Families America (HFA). PAT and HFA will be providing some in-person outdoor visits, as long as weather permits. Family visitors will continue to provide services remotely for families when weather does not permit outdoor visits. Limited virtual visits will be offered. Remote services include interactive video conference and phone home interaction, intakes, and referrals.
- Parents as Teachers. Contact Amy Griffin at 401-302-9249; Fax referrals to 401-753-6307.
- Healthy Families America. Contact Kristen Roache at 401-602-5895; Fax referrals to 401-753-6650.
- The Baby Steps Newport Program holds Saturday morning and Thursday evening sessions. Saturday morning sessions are held in-person at 9 a.m. (this is subject to change to virtual; if so participants will be contacted ), and Thursday evening sessions are held at 4 p.m. The program is actively enrolling Newport County families with a child/children aged newborn to 3 years to participate. There are no income requirements. New families that would like to sign up should call Kimberly Remington, Baby Steps Assistant Coordinator, at 401-533-1160 and leave a message. Free diapers, wipes, books, and craft supplies will be available for contactless drop off or pick up one week before the Zoom programs for enrolled families.
- East Bay Health Equity Zones (HEZ). Bristol HEZ, East Providence HEZ and Warren HEZ staff are working on site and remotely. They can be reached via email or by phone: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Melissa Goldstein at 401-259-7484; email@example.com, or call Alyssa Gleason at 401-248-3674; firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kristin Read at 401-486-5195. Detailed information about the work of each collaborative can be found on their Facebook pages. HEZ teams are responding to COVID-19 by providing disposable and KN-95 masks, self-test kits, education, and resources. They are able to make referrals to support services within EBCAP and the communities of East Providence, Bristol, and Warren. HEZ team members are distributing COVID-19 materials at community events and other outreach opportunities.
- Youth Center – The EBCAP Youth Center is currently taking applications for year-round services including, but not limited to: GED, work readiness/ financial literacy training, work based learning opportunities and support services. Please note that all in-person services, such as GED, have very limited capacity due to COVID-19 restrictions. Youth, ages 14-24 residing in Rhode Island are eligible. If interested, please call 401-692-2695.